The Flinders Ranges are one of Australia's natural treats.
It’s a place where you can get totally lost in another world - you’ll likely see more wildlife than humans. The stunning landscapes unfold around every corner as the unuique Australian outback serves up dramatic cinematography right in front of your eyes. The rolling hills and deep gorges are at the surface of an ancient natural geology where time has passed slowly and largely uninterrupted by human interference. It’s an awe-inspiring environment with big blue skies, rich green bush, deep red dirt, glowing sunsets on the long hazy horizons and a starry night sky to rival the best in the world. And in amongst it all is some beautiful accommodation that blends naturally with its environment while providing a truly comfortable and welcoming stay.
THE TOUR AT A GLANCE
Dates: 11-18 October 2020
Duration: 7 nights
Distance: 325km approx
Average Daily: 47km approx
Bike Type: Mountain Bike required. BYO or hire.
(good tour for MTB e-bike)
Surface: Hard-packed gravel trails & back-raods, dirt 4WD tracks, single track
Terrain: Flat to undulating, no extreme MTB terrain
Group Size: Small group tour, usually 10-15
Difficulty Rating: 5/10
Accommodation: Excellent 4 star outback properties
Meals included: 7 bfast, 7 dinners, 6 lunch + most morning teas
Some highlights of this tour:
• Very little traffic, gentle terrain
• Longer and shorter ride options (or take a day off!)
• Full-time support, mechanical help, cafe & picnic recommendations
• Vehicle back-up for transferring luggage, bikes and cyclists if required
• Great camaraderie in a small group of like-minded characters
• Excellent accommodation (pools, central locations, WiFi, history)
• All dinners included except one
• All breakfasts included fuelling you up for a day on the bike
• Towns and settlements along the way offer great places to explore
• Galleries, museums, bakeries, shopping and markets
• Magnificent scenery; forests, rivers, lakes & ranges
• Farmed and native animals
• Historical railway stations alongside the trails
• The blissful quiet; only the sound of your bike on the trail and the birds in the trees
The AllTrails Rail Trail Tour featured in the Herald Sun Weekend Travel Editorial.
If you have any further questions regarding the Rail Trails and Country Lanes Tour, please feel free to contact us.