Join AllTrails in 2020 on a new and exciting adventure to New Zealand.
Starting in Wellington and finishing in Auckland, this tour will have the perfect mix of cycling and sightseeing with a route through the Martinborough wine region, beautiful Hawkes Bay, the surf mecca of Gisborne, the thermal and cultural icons of Rotorua and Taupo, plus the beaches of Whangamata and the Coromandel.
THE TOUR AT A GLANCE
Dates: 10 February – 7 March 2020
Duration: Full tour: 27 days. Short tour options: 15 or 13 days
Distance: 2,000km approximately
Average Daily: 90km approximately (short ride options available)
Bike Type: Road Bike is best (BYO or hire)
Terrain: Good bitumen roads
Group Size: 15 - 25
Difficulty Rating: 7/10 (a few hills and a few 100km+)
Accommodation: 3 to 4 star hotels/motels
Meals: Vast majority included
Early bird price: from $11,490pp (twin share)
See all prices on ‘Tour Details & FAQ’ download button
Some highlights of this tour:
• Wellington – the harbour city capital with a thriving art, culture and cafe scene
• Martinborough Wine Region
• Beautiful Hawkes Bay
• 1930s Art Deco preserved Napier
• Surf mecca of Gisborne – first city in the world to see the sunrise
• Pacific Coast Highway around the remote East Cape
• Geothermal wonders and Maori culture of Rotorua and Taupo
• Genuine ‘locals’ walking tour of Rotorua
• World-renowned Waitomo Caves
• Stunning beaches of Mount Maunganui and Whangamata
• Dig your own spa pool at Hot Water Beach
• The history and natural beauty of the Coromandel Peninsula
• Finish in bustling and busy Auckland – NZ’s biggest city
The Ride in detail
Our Tour details and FAQ’s, contain ‘day to day’ highlights, distance travelled each day, a detailed map, answers to common questions and full pricing options.
If you have any further questions regarding the New Zealand North Island Tour, please feel free to contact us.